Masjed-e Kabud is one of the most famous historical building of the city of Tabriz in Iran. As, a new commercial complex had built beside this dome, we were asked to design a place for some outdoor activities on the roof of new complex in 2010. Therefore a membrane structure is proposed and optimized in regard with several factors as below:
1. Minimizing the visual effect on the old building
2. Improving the perspectives on the roof of new building
3. Proving comfort during the year and especially in summer under the membrane structure
4. Reducing technical problems: e.g. Minimizing the structural foundation, Snow falls, etc.
5. Reaching an integrated and original form
Geographic Coordination: 38.073689 N, 46.301799 E